Baby Gifts Under $30 - 30 Presents They Won't Return
So, you want to give a new parent a baby gift! Whether it's at a baby-shower or post-birth, you will want to give them something they'll want to keep - but, without breaking the bank.
Most baby-gift-lists that we've come across seem to be at a price-point that is either too low or too high.
The ideal price-point obviously depends on the individual, but for us, in most cases, $30 is our sweet spot.
So, without further ado, The 30 Best Baby Gifts Under $30, as organized by category.
Toy Baby Gifts
- Custom Name Puzzle - Why just get a puzzle, if you can get one unique to the child you're getting a gift for! It's always shocking to find a custom-made item at a reasonable price point.
- Baby Play Gym - Our baby always surprises me with how happily mesmerized they are looking at the colorful objects hanging on this gym. Assuming they don't need to eat, poop or sleep!
- Book Set - We're partial to our new kid's book, but a room filled with books - especially the classics - sets a warm and educational energy.
- Melissa and Doug Toys - If we are suggesting you buy from our competition, you can be sure they're great. This company creates high quality toys that meet at the border of crunchy and fun.
- Lovie - If our kids are considered evidence, a child can never receive enough lovies. Whether in the shape of an animal or a simple blanket, the softness encourages cuddles!
- Bath Toys - Bath toys are an affordable yet memorable toy idea. Bath-time is arguably the time children are most enclosed, so entertaining toys go a long way.
Baby Gifts For The Baby's Room
- Baby Bouncer - Once the baby is a bit more than a couple of weeks old, a baby bouncer is an absolute game-changer. Don't overhype this, unless your baby is uniquely chill, they won't be happy there for hours - but the 10-20 minutes of giving your arms a rest is positively therapeutic.
- Crib Mobile - Assuming your baby sleeps on their back - as pediatricians advise - crib mobiles, with their colors and shapes will help entertain a kid until they're ready to fall asleep.
- Laundry Bin - Nothing very noteworthy about this baby staple, but if a kid's room will be having this any way, it might as well be cute.
- Wall Art - No matter your aesthetic preferences, a fun piece of wall art is sure to elevate a space.
- Framed Birth Info - For the more sentimental - which parent isn't? - celebrate the information with which this baby entered the world (e.g. date, time, weight, height etc.) with a framed graphic.
- Cute Rug - As Mr. Lebowsky taught: a rug can really tie a room together.
Baby Gifts For Baby Care
- Diaper Pail - Instead of double-bagging stinky diapers, or constantly holding your nose, drop them in a handy diaper pail.
- Cozy Swaddle - When it comes to sleeping, a baby's worst enemy is themselves. So besides for keeping a child cozy, a swaddle helps the baby stay still which increases the likelihood of rest.
- Portable Changing Mat - This handy baby-mat will rescue many a parent from the pickle of changing a baby outside of home. Gone are the days of hunting for proper surfaces.
- Diapers - Everyone needs 'em. They're not cheap. This is a gift they're sure to use.
- Baby Towel - The post bath towel swaddle has got to be one of the cutest moments of babyhood.
- Aveeno Bath Set - Each of the items in this set are useful, and the gift basket presentation is visually appealing.
- Teether - Help diminish the pain of teething, while giving the baby something to play with!
Electronic Baby Gifts
- Humidifier - While useful year-round, a humidifier is especially of help when it's cold outside and the heat is on - and dry.
- Baby Monitor - Put your baby to sleep with the comfort of oversight. If there is any concern you'll catch it right away!
- Sound Machine - Creating a calming background noise can work wonders in places that are too looud - or too quiet.
- Wipe Warmer - Pamper your baby as you, well, Pamper your baby. No shockingly cold wipes on this bum!
Clothing Baby Gifts
- Bonds Stretchie - The very best stretchie in our humble opinion. Double zippered, cool feet and hand covers and soft fabric - all wonderful features!
- Beanie - Showcase a baby's hipster side with a stylish beanie.
- Cloth Carrier - This carrier may be less durable and rugged as the more backpack-like carriers, but it's lightweight and comfort makes up for those amply.
- Burp Cloth Set - You. Can. Not. Have. Too. Many. Burp. Cloths. Sad reality, but trust us on this.
Baby Gifts For Feeding Time
- Suction Bowls - Start a baby off with utensils without the scary specter of them tilting all of their mush onto the floor.
- Baby Spoons - Gentle baby spoons are much kinder too little mouths than metal ones.
- Bibs - Any food item of moisture requires a baby bib. These bibs even collect all the bits of food that fall. Your floor time will be substantially cut.